Berlin Restaurants Awarded 26 Michelin Stars, six more than past year
Berlin remains Germany’s capital of haute cuisine. 20 top Berlin restaurants earned a record number of 26 Michelin stars; six more than in the previous year. This was announced yesterday in Berlin at the release of Michelin’s new 2016 guide for Germany.
Six new stars for Berlin’s gastronomy.
Chef Sebastian Frank of restaurant Horváth in Kreuzberg district earned his second star, while five restaurants could retain their two stars: Facil, Fischers Fritz, Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer, Reinstoff and Tim Raue.
Five Berlin restaurants were awarded their first star, including the recently opened Nobelhart & Schmutzig in Kreuzberg, where 28-year old chef Micha Schäfer exclusively works with local produce. The restaurants Richard in Kreuzberg, Bieberbau and Semmler in Wilmersdorf, and Bandol sur Mer in Berlin-Mitte received their first stars. A total of 14 top restaurants received one star.
2 Star-Restaurants in Berlin
1. Newly awarded 2nd star: Horváth www.restaurant-horvath.de
2. Facil: www.facil.de
3. Fischers Fritz: www.fischersfritzberlin.com
4. Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer: www.lorenzadlon-esszimmer.de
5. Reinstoff: www.reinstoff.eu
6. Tim Raue: www.tim-raue.com
1 Star-Restaurants in Berlin
1. New star: Bandol sur Mer www.bandolsurmer.de
2. New star: Bieberbau www.bieberbau-berlin.de
3. New star: Nobelhart & Schmutzig www.nobelhartundschmutzig.com
4. New star: Richard www.restaurant-richard.de
5. New star: Semmler www.kochkunst-ereignisse.de
6. 5 – Cinco by Paco Pérez: www.5-cinco.com
7. First Floor: www.firstfloor.palace.de
8. Frühsammers Restaurant: fruehsammers-restaurant.jimdo.com
9. Hugos: www.hugos-restaurant.de
10. Les Solistes by Pierre Gagnaire: www.waldorfastoriaberlin.com/deu/Restaurants-Lounges/Les-Solistes
11. Pauly Saal: paulysaal.com/
12. Skykitchen: www.skykitchen.berlin/home.html
13. VAU: www.vau-berlin.de
14. Weinbar Rutz: www.weinbar-rutz.de.
In recent years, Berlin has earned the reputation as a top culinary destination. In addition to the 26 Michelin stars, Berlin has captured the epicurean zeitgeist by earning a top marks as Europe’s vegan capital, boasting 36 purely vegan restaurants.
From street food to burger mania, traditional cooking to new trends, Berlin’s young and creative culinary scene is a foodie paradise.